Therefore we have to respect their privacy and don’t frighten them at their own homes.
Due to its great diversity of landscapes, the Seiser Alm is the perfect place for different wild animals from roe deer to chamois, red deer and wild birds.
Every exploring hiker could have the chance to spot roe deer, foxes, hares or marmots in the early morning hours or towards the evening.
At sunny side of the “Puflatsch” you might even see some chamois climbing the hill throughout the day.
Over the last several years the majestic red deer settled in the “Hartl” area and in the Ox and Mirror Forest near Saltria, but there not often seen.
Different types of birds and hens are as well very shy and sensitive if someone enters their biotope (e.g. black grouse, the snow grouse and the capercaillie).
Above of us fly golden eagle, buzzard, goshawk, crows, alpine chough, swallow and raven.
Rules for wildlife-friendly hiking:
- we try to be silent and remain on the tagged hiking tracks
- we do not follow animal tracks
- we observe appearing animals from the distance
- we avoid disturbances especially in the morning and evening hours
- we do not leave rubbish behind